HOW IT WORKS: SHOP. SHOW. WIN!
Each month, Yorktown Center will spotlight a group of stores, restaurants and fitness studios for which receipts will be accepted. After shopping and dining, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts for each month’s spotlight retailers at the Mall Management Office (located on the Upper Level near Forever 21) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to. For every dollar spent at Yorktown Center’s spotlight stores, your school will receive one point!
ADD ‘EM UP: BONUS POINTS
Throughout the School Bucks program, there will be fun opportunities for bonus points, like taking holiday photos at Yorktown Center or participating in a fun kids’ promotion.
ADD ‘EM UP: MONTHLY GROUP EVENTS
Each participating school is invited to organize one group event at Yorktown Center each month for an additional 500 bonus points.
Whether it’s a mom’s night out at D.O.C Wine Bar or a student day at FunFlatables, have fun and earn bonus points! For additional details about this bonus points opportunity, please see the “rules” section below.
— December Spotlight Retailers —
Register Your School Today!
CLICK HERE to download the 2018 – 2019 School Bucks registration packet!
At the end of the schoolyear, 10 monetary prizes will be awarded to participating schools based on the schools’ total points.
1st place: $5,500
2nd place: $4,000
3rd place: $3,000
4th place: $2,000
5th place: $1,000
6th place: $1,000
7th place: $1,000
8th place: $1,000
9th place: $750
10th place: $750
If you have questions, please contact
- General receipts will only be accepted for the specified spotlight retailers, not all Yorktown Center stores and restaurants. Each month, Yorktown Center will spotlight a group of stores, restaurants and fitness studios for which receipts will be accepted.
- Group events (bonus points opportunity) can take place at any of Yorktown Center’s stores, restaurants or fitness studios once each month.
- Additional group events beyond once each month will not qualify for bonus points. To receive bonus points, a group event flyer, email newsletter or other form of notice must be shown, along with the group event’s receipts. The school will receive a flat amount of 500 bonus points—no additional points for receipt totals.
- Schools’ end-of-year receipt totals (excludes bonus points) must be at least $1,000 on April 30, 2019 to qualify for a prize.
- All receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date.
- Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2018 until April 30, 2019.
- Receipts dated prior to August 1, 2018 will not be accepted.
- Receipts for returned merchandise will not be accepted.
- Store employees may not be used to collect receipts for participating schools.
- Schools in violation of program rules may be subject to removal from the School Bucks program.
2017–2018 Top Five Winning Schools
- Highland Elementary School
- Henry Puffer Elementary School
- Belle Aire Elementary School
- Lester Elementary School
- Fairmount Elementary School
One of last year’s winning schools is using its prize to build a new inclusive playground, providing accessible equipment to children of all abilities and developmental levels!
“We are so honored to have the support of a wonderful community who helped us win the School Bucks Program funding. We are now able to revive our playground and make it accessible for students of all abilities.” – Dawn Burrows, Highland Elementary School PTA President